Friday, February 11, 2011

mind over matter

I firmly believe in that statement, in all things. I often experiment with it at times as well. I can change a lot of my environment just by thinking differently. But what it really boils down to is my belief that a positive attitude can effect many things. If you are around someone with a positive attitude, it can effect your own, so why wouldnt simply wishing well change the entire energy flow of the world? "The power of positive thinking" as ive always heard it. Seems to work for me. Well not so much positive thinking as much as it is just not caring.

I spend a large majority of my time in a state of neutrality. Nothing really makes me angry, or sad, or happy. More or less my emotions hover around indifference. I view things from a purely artistic standpoint. Music, movies, paintings, TV, all things. What matters the most to me is if something achieves its intended goal. This allows me to enjoy all things equally. I can listen to all genres of music because i have removed emotion from it. I listen to a song to understand its composition. Things become more basic and visceral.


No comments:

Post a Comment